Coming to Memphis for NYWC ’17? Stay at SOS!
Service Over Self (SOS) is a non-profit urban home repair ministry located at 2505 Poplar Ave, approximately 4.5 miles from the Memphis Cook Convention Center, where NYWC will be held. NYWC will be unable to provide any transportation to or from SOS. Bunkhouse style accommodations are available for an economical rate! For more information about our ministry, visit our homepage HERE, for more info on staying at SOS, read on!
Housing information for NYWC 2017 in Memphis:
Facility: SOS Building – 2505 Poplar Ave, Memphis TN
Bunkhouse – $45.00 per person for the duration of the conference (Wednesday, November 15th-Sunday, November 19th)
- 80 male bunkhouse beds and 80 female bunkhouse beds available
Both male and female sides have community bathrooms with:
- 12 restroom stalls
- 7 sinks / mirrors
- 12 private shower stalls
- Housing available November 15th till November 19th.
- There is a $45 flat rate for booking a bunk. Even if you stay less than 4 nights, you’ll still be booking the bunk for the entirety of the conference (Wed. afternoon to Sun. afternoon)
- Bunkhouses (and bathrooms) are separated by gender.
- Beds are arranged in a bunk style. Mattresses are provided (twin size).
- Please bring pillow and linens/sleeping bag. SOS does not provide bedding or towels.
- Unfortunately, there are no wheelchair accessible accommodations. All sleeping quarters are on the second floor (stairs only).
- No meals or kitchen access provided. We do have a refrigerator and coffee!
- The facility also has a game room with pool and ping pong tables; a public lobby with various seating areas; access to a refrigerator and microwave as well as a pantry for food storage.
- Guests will have access to our free public wifi.
- There are approximately 80 parking spots at SOS in a gated parking lot. A security guard will be present at the facility from 6pm until 6am every night.
- SOS is approximately 4.5 miles from the Cannon Center for the Performing Arts where NYWC will be held. It is approximately 10-15 minutes by car. NYWC will be unable to provide any transportation to or from SOS.
- In addition, public transit is accessible and is approximately 25 minutes via bus during operating hours of MATA (http://www.matatransit.com/faresandpasses/cash-fares/) via Poplar Route #50 (http://goo.gl/fjnP9E)
- Reserve a bunk for you or your group HERE.
If you need to cancel your reservation, as long as you do so by November 1, 2017, you will receive a full refund less a $15 processing fee.
If you cancel after November 1, 2017, we will not be able to issue a refund.
Still not sure?
Contact email@example.com with any questions!